Saturday 23 January 2010

Dream of work and hospitals...

My manager Chris had organised some sort of trip up to Scotland as some team building exercise or something. I went with maybe 5 other people and Chris. There was a problem with my packing and I forgot to pack pjs or enough undies for the whole week we were to be away.

On the first day there we had to cycle round some course. I set my bike up to fit and then I had a brief chat with Chris and stepped on my pedal and cycled off and when I sat on the seat I realised it was higher than I had put it. Someone had moved it while I'd been talking to Chris. Chris started telling me off for not paying attention - this was all part of the exercise it seemed. I got annoyed with it all and just cycled off down the road.

Strangely I saw some woman I apparently knew and she helped me stop and get off the damned bike. I propped it up against the wall of her house and went in to visit. She was just dishing up dinner to her family and insisted I join her. Only she put things on my plate that I'm allergic to. Then Mum appeared and ate the things I didn't - despite the fact that she's also allergic to eggs. Mum and I then got up to leave and things turned a little sour.

For some reason Mum had no shoes on and she stood outside this woman's front door on a terracotta/clay pipe about 6 inches in diameter that ran across this woman's yard. She balanced on the pipe for several minutes then fell flat on the floor and started to have convulsions. It was a horrible sight. Her arms and legs flailing uncontrollably. I went to her and asked her what was up. She muttered something about potassium poisoning. I then rang 999 on my mobile and asked them to hurry up because Mum seemed to be having a fit, her breathing was all raspy and she seemed somewhat delirious.

So the next thing I know I'm being chased away by this horrible family. I manage to escape from them and phone the hospital asking where Mum is and what ward will I find her in. The female nurse who answered the phone said "oh, are you phoning about the deceased?" "what? deceased? I want to know where Mrs L**** E**** is, what ward she's on and what her condition is - I wasn't expecting to be told like this of her death!" And it turned out that the nurse had been talking about a male patient and Mum was alive. I didn't get to find out what ward she was on or how she was though because that's when I woke up.

ETA:
I've remembered that the hospital was in Aberdeen and they were talking about flying a doctor from one of the Scottish islands by helicopter to treat Mum.

No comments: