Monday 16 July 2007

dreaming of family I don't have

This morning I had a rather odd dream. Mostly it seemed to be about family, German and a test/presentation that I was scared of.
At one point I was at Gran's house in the front room, only it was bigger in my dream and laid out how it was about 10-15 years ago and not how it looks now. Only it was now because my cousin Liesel came in singing a German song by WSH and it was one of their new ones. So I asked her if she had the new album and what she made of it compared to the others.
Then a bit later I had a little brother. I would guess he was somewhere between the age of 2 and 5. He could talk when he wanted to, but wasn't all that talkative. He had a small (green?) monkey toy that he loved. I loved him to pieces, but he often pretended to not be interested in me at all. Especially at family gatherings where he would play with other people instead of me.
I had to give a presentation in German about history. I'd chosen some sort of war between Germany and Russia. I'd done a little research and knew what I was going to say and I was reasonably confident. But then the other people who went before me had much more to say about the details of their topic and I had just done an overview of the thing and what led up to it and what the consequences were and I panicked rather and got upset and then I woke up.

No comments: