Sunday 18 February 2007

Three for the price of one

I had several dreams this morning:
  • One of my dreams was reasonably realistic and set in the next week or so, somewhere in Leeds. I can't remember exactly where, but I was inside with C and we hugged and then we kissed for the first time. It was really special. I felt happy and not at all worried about anything. Possible meanings: signifies hopes of a romantic involvement, represents need for affection and attention, I need to show and accept affection, happiness is on it's way into my life.
  • Another dream wasn't all that realistic. I was living in some weird futuristic style building at Uni and there were many flights of stairs. The stairs were a pale creamish colour and made of stone. At one stage I was going up to my flat and I got talking to someone I used to go to school with who also lived in the building and I ended up going up too high. I looked down the stairs and was too scared to go down. When I looked down I could see gaps between the steps and the handrails were there, but not all the verticals were there, so I was scared I would slip and fall. So I stayed at the top and I watched some people do a music exam. Possible meanings: reflects inner fears, perhaps of delving into painful/deep memories.
  • Another dream was set in a similar building, but with slightly different shaped steps (these ones had more spirally bits). I was at the top of the stairs trying to go down. I was scared again for the same reasons as before. OB was there and was trying to protect me and stop me from falling and in doing so he fell 2 or three floors himself. I saw him fall and on the way down his leg hit one of the railings of a lower spiral staircase. I saw him land and lay motionless on the floor. I tried to scream for help but my throat was dry and no sound came out. I knew I had to try and help him and up there I could do nothing, so I somehow crawled down the stairs very slowly and carefully. When I got to the bottom a girl I didn't know was helping him and he was fine. Possible meanings: reflects feelings of anxiety and inner fears of memories or of losing status somehow.

No comments: